The Woman’s Board has had a remarkable history of partnership with the Medical Center, supporting its educational programs and the quality care provided at Rush. Through the support of two gift shops within the hospital, the Fashion Show, the Spring Luncheon, and by the personal financial contributions of Woman’s Board members, funds have been raised for scholarships and for programs in nursing, social services, the Rush Day School, and epilepsy education.
Through the years, the mission and vision of the Woman’s Board has been steadfast, and its members remain committed in their support of Rush University Medical Center.
The Woman’s Board maintains support of the Chapel and the Pastoral Care requests. The Patient’s Library, which the Board established in 1904, has been an important resource for patients and employees. The Board established the Chair of Pediatrics and the Chair of Child Psychiatry, and provided major support for The Woman’s Board Institute for Depression and Research, The Woman’s Board Cancer Treatment Center, The Woman’s Board Nursery, Rush University Children’s Hospital, two major research areas, the Woman’s Board Heart and Vascular Center, and the most recent project, the Rush University Cancer Center.