Our History: A Chicago Tradition
The Woman’s Board of Rush University Medical Center’s 90th Annual Fashion Show Benefiting The Road Home Program: The Center for Veterans and Their Families at Rush.
Rush University Medical Center first put down roots back in 1837 – two days before the incorporation of the City of Chicago itself. Over the years, the Rush legacy has evolved with volunteers playing key roles at every step along the way. In 1927, the Woman’s Board of St. Luke’s Hospital – a dedicated group of women from the city and suburbs representing such legendary names as Armour, Field, Newberry, and Wrigley – launched the very first charity fashion show to support care for the hospital’s poorest patients. Today, the Rush Woman’s Board Fashion Show is the Medical Center’s signature annual fundraiser, consistently drawing an audience of more than 800 of Chicago’s civic and corporate leaders.
The Woman’s Board also hosts an Annual Spring Luncheon attracting more than 500 individuals from this coveted audience. Through these events, The Woman’s Board has generated more than $30 million to support the programs of Rush University Medical Center as they seek to meet the region’s most urgent health care needs. The Fashion Show draws internationally renowned designers such as Carolina Herrera, Ralph Lauren, and Oscar de la Renta. The roster of volunteer models includes luminaries such as local sports celebrities and network news anchors, as well as Chicago’s business and civic leaders.
Please join us this Fall, in celebrating the 91st year of the Fashion Show, which is the longest continually running charity fashion show in the nation.
*Note: Amount field below does not accept decimal points.